AMBLEDOWN GAP COVER SERIES 2021
Ambledown Gap Cover is a health and accident underwriting agency providing underwriting management and claims administration.
Ambledown is one of the leading health insurance product providers in South Africa:
- The Principal member and immediate dependants that are registered as dependants on the Principal member’s South African Registered Medical Scheme.
- Service providers such as specialists, surgeons, anaesthetists etc. who charge in excess of the medical scheme tariff for authorised in-hospital procedures and specified authorised out of hospital procedures.
- Limited to five (5) times the Medical Scheme tariff
- Out-patient chemotherapy, radiotherapy and kidney dialysis
Want to find out more? Contact us at IHS today!
Who can be covered should you take out a Gap Cover policy:
- Principal member and immediate family (spouse and children) who are listed as dependants on the principal member’s medical aid.
- Principal member requirements:
- Minimum age of entry is 18
- Maximum age of entry is 65 with no cessation age
- Minimum age of entry for the gap senior range is 66 with no cessation age
- One Spouse (if more than one, an irrevocable nomination of one of the eligible spouses is required).
- Eligible children:
- Natural, adopted, step child and fostered
- Unmarried and not yet attained the age of 21
- This age can be extended for an eligible child who has not yet attained the age of 26 on condition that the child is unmarried and a dependant on the Principal member’s medical aid.
- No age limit for mentally & physically handicapped children who are wholly dependent on the Principal member and a dependant on the Principal member’s medical aid.
- There is no limit to the amount of children that can be covered.