Assisted Reproductive Therapy Benefit – Discovery Newsletter Jan/Feb 2021
Assisted Reproductive Therapy Benefit Launched
Discovery has launched an Assisted Reproductive Therapy Benefit, which is available on the Comprehensive and Executive plans.
Assisted Reproductive Therapy Benefit – ART Benefit
The diagnosis of infertility and a defined list of linked investigations, and medical and surgical treatments, are classified under Prescribed Minimum Benefit (PMB) conditions. This means that all medical schemes are obliged to fund infertility in line with the stipulated regulations.
PMB cover, however, does not make provision for Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART) such as in vitro fertilisation (IVF) and embryo transfer (ET).
Under this new benefit, Discovery offers benefits and cover for assisted reproductive therapies. This is done in collaboration and consultation with the Southern African Society of Reproductive Medicine and Gynaecological Endoscopy (SASREG).
The benefit includes a defined care list for up to two cycles of assisted reproductive therapy. For each cycle, the list includes: Assisted reproductive therapy consultations and medicine, Oocyte (egg) retrieval, Embryo transfer, Ultrasound scans, Admission costs, including the laboratory fees, Embryo freezing, Embryo and sperm storage.
Female members aged 25 to 42, on a Executive or Comprehensive plan, are eligible for this benefit. Clinical entry criteria apply. Discovery pays up to 75% of the medical aid rate for your treatment, up to R110 000 pa.
If you would like to know more about the Covid-19 vaccine, Discovery has placed information on their website.
Questions about your benefits?
Join Discovery’s WhatsApp chat by registering at https://www.discovery.co.za/corporate/whatsapp-registration Receive instant answers to your questions via WhatsApp.
https://www.discovery.co.za/medical-aid/benefits-and-cover to check your benefits and cover, including your limits and benefit usage.
Your log in details for the Discovery Health Medical Scheme are the same for Discovery Bank. Many people have easy passwords for the medical scheme and have not changed them when joining Discovery Bank. Your bank passwords should be extremely secure and not your usual password that you use for websites that have no financial information on them. Please protect your personal details with better passwords. A secure password is at least 10 characters and has a mixture of letters, numbers and symbols.
Discovery (Health or Bank) will not ever ask you to click on a link and change your password. Please do not ever click on a link sent to you by email or SMS and change your password. If you need to change your password, go to the website directly and change it.
Win with Vitality HealthyDining
Vitality’s HealthyDining partners include: Frozen For You, UCook, We Are Food and Daily Dish.
Vitality members can earn up to 25% cashback from these partners.
COMPETITION: If you order from any of these partners before 18 March 2021, you stand a chance to win R100 to R500 off your next order, and will be entered into the competition for the grand prize of a Zoom cook-a-long with Michelin-star chef Jan Hendrik van der Westhuizen.
To link these partners to your Vitality membership, complete the following steps:
- Go to the partner’s website and create an account or log in.
- Under profile settings or at check out, enter your ID or passport number for a once off activation to verify your Vitality membership
- Select a meal with the HealthyDining indicator.
- Your rewards will be processed once the order has been received by the partner.
Vitality Gym Benefits
If you are unable or still not yet comfortable to return to the gym, you can still earn 50 Vitality fitness points a day for online workouts. In the interim, Vitality will continue topping up your gym workouts until 31 March 2021 so that you don’t lose your gym benefit/discount, and online workouts will also count as gym visits.
To access the online workouts, you will need to:
Download the Virgin Active app or visit virginactive.coach and log in with your MyVirginActive credentials and get started. Or Visit https://www.planetfitness.co.za to register.
- Whether you are a JEFF Life member or not, you can still earn from JEFF special workouts. These are usually at 8am on a Saturday and will be advertised on the JEFF Together Facebook page as well as the Vitality Facebook page. There is a specific protocol to follow to get your points.
1. Take a picture of your screen while the workout is streaming. Make sure the picture shows your name.
- On the day of the event or the day after, go to the Discovery website, log in, go to Vitality, then to Gym Devices and Fitness. Scroll down and click on “claim points for race events”.
- Fill in the Event name (JEFF will have named their workout), the event date should be the Saturday it was streamed live, the race type and distance are drop down selections and the workout will be listed there. The race number is your ID number. Fill in the hours (0), minutes and seconds of your workout. Select Choose File and upload the picture you took. And lastly, the web address should be https:// www.facebook.com/groups/jefftogether.
- Click on Submit and make a note of the reference number in case you have queries.
If you are a JEFF Life member or a 1-on-1 member, you can also earn 50 points a day for streaming the workouts. You need to do this on the web app and you MUST select “Watch Here” in order to get the points. The workout needs to stream for at least 30 minutes for Vitality to pick it up and issue the points.
Disclaimer: The information and opinions in this document have been recorded and arrived at in good faith and from sources believed to be reliable, but no representation or warranty, expressed or implied, is made to their accuracy, completeness or correctness. The information is provided for information purposes only and should not be construed as the rendering of advice. Informed Healthcare Solutions accordingly accepts no liability whatsoever for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of this document or its contents. IHS is a licensed financial service provider: FSP # 12239